Monday, April 5, 2010

Comments4Teachers

Recycle image
These next few weeks I will be following Mr. Ferlazzo's blog. I am very lucky that he does sometimes post several times a day, but at least once a day, so I know that he will put up new post up over the next few weeks.

Week 13
This week I read an interview that Mr. Ferlazzo did with Carrie Rose from the Parent/Teacher Home Visit Project. This project is really neat because teachers in the Sacramento, Ca. area are taking time outside of the classroom and going into the homes of students to help and tudor them. It was shown that by going into the home, it formed a way to build trust and respect between the parents, students, and teachers. I am hoping that schools around here will eventually be able to start a project like this. Here is what I commented:
"Mr. Ferlazzo, My name is Danielle and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I will be following you blog post for the next few weeks and at the end I will post an overview onto my blog. If you would like to drop by my blog before then, I would greatly appreciate it. My website is http://pittdanielleedm310.blogspot.com and our class blog can be found athttp://edm310.blogspot.com. Your interview with Carrie was really great! I am amazed that teachers would take time out of their busy schedules to go to a students home and help, not only the students, but also the parents. I am on the local literacy council here in Daphne, Alabama and if we could get our teachers to go into the homes of students to tudor, I think that amazing things would begin to happen as it has in Sacramento. I know that if my parents had a teacher come into our home to help them understand what was going on with the exit exams, graduation, etc. it would have helped all of us greatly. Thank you for sharing this interview with all of us! I will be trying to implement something like this for our literacy council tudors. Thanks again!"

Week 14
This week I read a post by Mr. Ferlazzo about recycling. He had a test that you could take to see how wasteful you are. When I took the test I scored a 544, which sounds good, but compared to the national average of 1207.8 it was not so good. Everyone should take this test, it will open your eyes to simple things that you could be doing to be "green."
Here is what I commented on his blog:
"Mr. Ferlazzo,
I love this quiz! It was so much fun to see how wasteful I really am compared to what I thought I was. I recycle paper and plastic water bottles, but after taking that test it showed me all of the other things that I could be doing. My score was a 544 compared to the national average of 1207.8. Some of the things that it said I should be doing, like driving only when I have to travel more than a mile because I live a mile from everything. Thank you so much for opening my eyes to this. Please visit my blog at http://pittdanielleedm310.blogspot.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment