Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 14

blog image
When I first started taking EDM 310, I will be honest, I thought that this class would be the biggest waist of my time and money, I mean why do I need to learn how to incorporate technology in my future classroom? I did not understand in the first few weeks, why we had to create a personal blog and turn everything in on our blog. It took me a couple of weeks, (o.k. I will be honest, it took me at least a month), to figure out that it is not about having a personal blog to have a special place to turn everything into, it was to prepare me to have a classroom blog for my future classroom.
I have gone back and forth, this whole semester, about if teachers should have a class blog or not. I have come to my final conclusion that a true teacher would want to help his/her students learn in the best and most fun way possible. That way, to me, would be to have a classroom blog so that the students could showcase their artwork, parents would be able to stay up to date, and it would open so many doors for the students to meet other students from around the world. Why would a teacher not want to be involved with all of those perks? The only answer that I could come up with was that, that is not a true teacher.
So, now if you asked me, "will you have a classroom blog in your future classroom?" My answer will be, ABSOLUTELY! I want to be a true teacher and help as many students as I can to be creative, and to help them learn while it being fun for them and fun for me to teach. My final question to you is, "will you have a classroom blog in your future classroom?"

1 comment:

  1. I like that you said that you want to be a true teacher. I say it too, it took me awhile to fully grasp the concept of this class. Actually the teacher I interviewed help with my thinking too.

    ReplyDelete