Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 15

PLNvsPLE
PLN vs. PLE
This week I watched a video by a 7th grade science student. The student showed us a tour of Personal Learning Environment (PLE). Using her PLE, she can organize everything that she uses for class and even stuff that she does not use for class, like her Facebook account. One great thing about having a PLE or a PLN is the ability of the classroom to be virtually paperless. By having this PLE, it has given the student the ability to work at her own pace and access from anywhere she has internet connection. She is able to come straight into class and begin working on her work for the day, which is really neat. The only problem that I have with this is that it does take away the one on one interaction with the student and teacher. I think that a PLE would be great for a college class like EDM310. It appears to be very organized and easy to use. I think that it would be a great thing for college professors to try using.

Two Questions
I also watched a video this week that really got my gears turning. Daniel Pink wrote a book called "Drive," and in this book there are two questions that every person needs to ask themselves. They are:
1.) What's my sentence?
2.) Am I better today than I was yesterday?
In the video it says that "a great man is a sentence." It means this, every man has sentence that is a window into their character. I want people to think and know that I have great character. So, after thinking question #1 over for awhile here is my sentence, " She is a great teacher, that has impacted the lives of many." For question #2, I can not answer. I feel as if I have lived each day the same, almost, and so from now on I will make a conscious decision to improve myself somehow for the better each day in the future. I challenge everyone to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment